The Grey Wolf Award is the highest Award you can earn in Cubs. This Award is usually earned during the last year in Cubs and is very much up to the initiative of the Cub to work through and get it done! If you earn this Badge, it also qualifies you for the ScoutCraft badge in Scouts and you can wear your Grey Wolf Badge right through Scouts. If you want to earn the Grey Wolf Award, you need to discuss it with Akela around the time you start work on your Gold Boomerang.
1. Complete the Gold Boomerang.
2. In the past 12 months have participated in a minimum of 4 outdoor activities:
3. In the past 12 months have attended 2 Pack Councils
- One of which must be an overnight camp
- One should be an interpack activity
- Using a map, plan and lead a bushwalk of at least 2 hours duration with your Leader and a group of Cub Scouts (at least 3, no more than 6). Make sure everyone has appropriate equipment, clothing, food and a personal first aid kit for your chosen bushwalk.
4. Have completed 4 level 2 Achievement Badges, including 1 from each of the badge categories. The categories and associated badges are:
Have completed 1 of the Special Interest Badges (Faith Awareness, Heritage, Landcare, Language, Leadership, Local History, Waterwise or World Conservation).
5. Develop and present a resource for your Six or Pack based on your understanding of the Jungle Books.
Some suggestions are:
- a game (active, board or card)
- skit/play, puppets or a booklet
- a shoe box diorama
This info is also on pages 12-13 of your yellow Australian Cub Scout Record Book