In a foreign language that you have selected:
1. Carry out a conversation for ten minutes.
2. Write a letter of at least 100 words to the examiner.
3. Translate in your own time, and with the help of a dictionary, an easy passage from a book or magazine.
Deaf Sign Language
1. Carry on a simple conversation in deaf sign language for ten minutes with a deaf person.
2. Demonstrate an ability to use finger spelling and to "read back" in that mode.
3. After reading an easy passsage from a book or periodical, retell that passage in sign language. A sign language dictionary may be used.
This info is also in the Special Interest Badge section
of your yellow Australian Cub Scout Record Book - page 153