Do the following using either a still or digital camera.
1. Show how to load, hold and trigger a simple camera. Explain how to use a viewfinder and explain the importance of keeping still while taking a photograph.
2. Take six photographs based on a theme of your choce and mount them to display a sequence of events or story.
3. Take six photographs of one subject in varying light conditions such as direct sunlight, backlighting, shade, cloudy days, flash and indoor lighting. Mount the photographs for display.
4. Explain what you liked and disliked about the results of your photographs.
5. Display and explain the results to your Pack.
1. Explain the differences, when taking photographs, between the various types of cameras such as manual, automatic, SLRs, video and digital.
2. Name and explain the functions of the various parts of the camera you are using.
3. Explain good practice and common mistakes when taking photos, including the effects of lens aperture and shutter speed.
4. Use a still or digital camera of your choice to take a sequence of 24 photos or a short video film depicting a family or Pack activity, or a topic of your choice.
5. Provide a critique explaining the results of your film.
6. Display and explain the results to your Pack.
This info is also in the Achievement Badge section
of your yellow Australian Cub Scout Record Book - pages 126-127