1. Read six books, all by different authors, approved or recommended by your local librarian or school teacher.
2. Write an original story or write a different ending to one of the above books you have read.
3. Write a thank you letter to thank someone:
- For a gift you have received.
- For a visit to your pack.
- For an outstanding you really enjoyed.
- For help they gave you or for the help they gave someone else.
4. Visit your local library and ask the Librarian to assist you to find four books in different categories such as Art, Sport, Mystery, Romance, Biography, Travel, Gardening, Craft or any subject, which is of interest to you.
5. Do two of the following:
a. Describe in writing an interesting event.
The Lester Literate Cub Scout Badge is a colourful strip badge that can be worn on the Cub Scout uniform on the lower edge of the right sleeve below the special badges.
b. Be able to tell the tester three things you can do to care for books.
c. Make a book mark.
d. Find out the date of the next Children's Book Week, the theme of the week and an event that will be happening during that week.
e. Read the children's "Book of the Year" or a book from a recommended list of books issued for the year.
f. Show your examiner how to find information in an encyclopaedia or dictionary.
See also Lester Literate on the Scouts Australia Vic Scouts Website
The information for the Literature Badges -   - is on our website here and also on page 114/115 of your Yellow book. By doing some extra work you can qualify for one of these too and get two badges for your effort!