When you're ready to come up to Cub Scouts from Joeys, you go through the "Linking" process. This means you come along to Cubs (and can continue to go to Joeys) for around 4-6 weeks, like you did before being Invested into Joeys. During this time you learn about Cub Scouts - partly by completing the requirements of the Cub Scout Link Badge. This will be presented by the Cub Scout Leader, just before you go up to Cub Scouts. Once you've earned this, it stays on your uniform right through Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers.
1. Attend four Cub Scout Meetings.
2. During talks with the Cub Scout Leader:
3. Discuss being a Cub Scout with your future Sixer.
- Show a knowledge, understanding and acceptance of the Cub Scout Promise and Law.
- Know and understand the salute, demonstrate the Scout sign and left handshake.
- Discuss the going-up and investiture ceremonies.
4. Know the names of the leaders in the Cub Scout Section.
5. Discuss the Pack visits with the Joey Scout Leader and Joey Scout Mob.
6. Hear how Scouting and Cub Scouting began and the first Jungle Story.
7. Understand the meaning of 'Good Turns' and how important it is that Cub Scouts do a good turn.
This info is also on page 15 of your yellow Australian Cub Scout Record Book